Monday, October 6, 2008

Hospital visit

This is a little late, but I will post it for any of you who havent read my story about being in the hospital:
Date written August 31st.

Some of you may not have heard, because it happened rather quickly, so I will give the brief version of the story. If you dont want to read it, feel free to skip ahead to read what the status of things are now.
Friday, I flew over to prague. I flew with Britt, Gina, and Frank. It was a good trip, but the whole time, my head was hurting. We landed and Joseph and one of my bosses, Mr. Otahal, picked me up from the airport. Got to the flat. But I felt really bad.
Saturday, started moving in, pretty cool town. went to downtown and got a cell phone, but all day had a pretty bad sinus headache on left side.
Sunday, Head really hurting, but had to take a sightseeing trip around prague. Took a lot of Alieve, made it through. came home head hurting badly.\
Monday, woke up, left eye was pretty swollen. Head hurting as bad as night before. In the morning had first teachers meeting at school. Met all of the new English teachers. Really nice. Got one of the English teachers who spoke Czech to take me to the pharmacy to get some sinus relief medicine. Came back took it and laid down about 10 a.m.
Two hours later woke up feeling terrible (after taking medicine) Called our boss and said I needed to go see a doctor, because I definately have a sinus infection. Boss called me back shortly after and said we would go in the morning. Laid back down for another hour. Woke up feeling even worse. Called back boss and told him we had to go today. My head at this point was starting to feel like it was going to rip open.
Got a Czech friend of my roomates (Joseph) to take us to the doctor. "Yes, you have a very serious sinus infection." Well yeah. So he prescribed antibiotics and some painkillers.... 400mg ibprofen... I was not very excited about that.
Ok, Im writing a lot I will keep it even shorter.
Monday night. WORST NIGHT OF MY LIFE. LONGEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE. WANTED TO DIE... LITERALLY ... IT SOUNDED BETTER THAN GOING THROUGH WHAT I WAS.
Tuesday morning. My eye is totally swollen shut. and I cant think about anything but the pain. back to doctor, "go to hospital." Went to hospital few minutes away. English speaking doctor. " Looks very bad we may have to operate." Started antibiotics. CAT scan showed both sinuses were full and very infected.
Wednesday morning operated. I was under anethesia so I dont remember.
Called mom, "Dad's on a flight in the morning"
Next 2 days, Bad shape, just lying in bed. Hardcore antibiotics, a lot of pain still
Dad got here thursday night. Since Friday have been feeling better.
Sunday can finally open my eye. It looks really gross though. Feel almost 100%
So that is the jist of everything. If you really want a more detailed story... too bad.
I will be in the hospital until tomorrow. Dad flies back early Tuesday morning. I am doing much better. Have had a lot of time to read and recover. I will be under "house arrest" by the doctor for another week. Meaning just that. Cant really leave my house. So I wont begin teaching for another week, possibly two.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! to all of you who have been lifting me up in prayer. I know there have been many people praying and God has given me a speedy recovery. Feel free to write me if you have any other questions or anything. I will be at my apartment all week starting tomorrow... all day... everyday. So I will have plenty of free time to write.
Thats it for now. I actually have to get back to the hospital for my next IV.

So that was written obviously a few weeks back. I will try to see if i can find a picture of my eye all swollen.

No comments: