Sunday, October 12, 2008

Art

So for the past 2 years I havent really been inspired creatively. I have done a few projects for school and for fun, but not the kind of creativity I had before I moved to LA. So it is amazing how just a change of location stirs up all kinds of new thoughts and ideas. So since I have been here I have been so much more creative than I have been.. its amazing. First, I have had to resist taking my camera everywhere. There is something very cool and beautiful about this place, the mixture of modern capitalism against a background of old communist ideas. Throw in beautiful castles and buildings from 1000 years ago. I just want to capture it all. Here are some from the first few weeks of being here.
I have more pictures posted on my facebook you can check out.. I will also probably upload them to flickr soon... I will put the link on here soon.

So next, Ive been playing guitar. I just started teaching myself in about April or so, so I am not very good, but learning. I've learned a few death cab songs and a few nickel creek songs. I also borrowed a keyboard from the son of our boss. So I'm learning a few things. Maybe I'll start writing some of my own stuff soon.

Ive also been working on some film stuff. I'm so glad I brought my video camera, because I have a ton of new ideas. Even just short random, fun things.. like this. I got inspired one day during lunch because it was just a beautiful day, I had the window open, and was listening to music... and ready to make a grilled cheese.

I am working on some other videos too, so as soon as they are done, I will upload them. Ok, I have to actually get back to planning. And eat my homemade mac and cheese!

No comments: