Monday, October 20, 2008

Castles and Trains

So this weekend a few of us GPA-ers (Greater Prague Area, since Joseph and I dont actually live in Prague) made an adventure to Ostrava to visit the girls out there. Steph, Ashley, Frank, and Myself took the 4 hour train ride out there.

As I found out, the problem with Czech trains is, they sell more tickets than they have seats. So basically you have to either pay almost twice as much to "reserve" a seat, or pay a normal price and rush and pray that you get one before everyone else does. Sadly enough, We all didnt get seats. Frank found one, as did Ashley, but for Steph and I, the first 2 hours were spent in the part of the train right in front of the restroom. It wasnt too bad though. Just read and talked. After a few hours, a lot of the people had gotten off, and so we found seats all together.
When we arrived we were greeted by the Ostrava Ladies, Lydia, Bean, Jonna, and Laura. (We were also waiting on Sarah who was coming in from her town.)
But basically the night consited of dancing in an extremely crowded pub called Desperado to 90's music. a lot of fun.

But I will take a moment to tell you that over the past 72 hours I have had a terrible pain in my right shoulder/neck. It felt like a pinched nerve.. so the whole weekend, I was popping alieve and convincing the girls to give me back rubs, however, none of it helped.
On Saturday we took a train an hour out of Ostrava to see a Castle. Apparently It was one of the best kept and biggest castle complexes in Europe. Here are some pictures. If you want to see more you can go to my Flicker site. http://www.flickr.com/photos/31442658@N04/



All in all a good weekend. And I ended up going to a Thai massage place in Prague when I got back on Sunday and this Thai guy kicked my ass, but got the knot out.. So I'm better! Also, I figured out.. if you ever get really tired in a train and there isnt room to lay down.. move all of the bags to one side, and the bag rack makes a great bed... There are some perks to being small.:)

1 comment:

Catherine Elizabeth said...

Your pictures are amazing... I am SO jealous i couldn't go....