Sunday, August 2, 2009

Back home for 2 weeks

It is just now hitting me that I am home, I have been home for almost 2 weeks and I am finally getting used to the idea that this place is my new home. I kind of assumed that as many "big moves" as I have made in my life, that this move wouldnt be too difficult. But after spending a year in the slow leisurely pace of Prague, its like sitting in the Lazy river at wet n wild and then getting immediately thrown onto the Geronimo... ( I know it is hurricane harbor now, but it will always be wet n wild to me).

But with that drastic change, it has been pretty cool. I have got to reconnect with a lot of friends that I havent seen in years. The most intense reconnection was friday night at Chris Lee's wedding. I was one of the groomsmen and it was an awesome wedding, but it was a bit overwhelming to try to catch up and see everyone in that short period of time. I felt like I was totally ignoring my kick-ass date (sorry Laura).
Here are some pictures of the wedding and us golfing before! Erin is an amazing photographer fyi.. you should all hire her for... everything.
http://eephotography.squarespace.com/blog/2009/8/10/amanda-chris-wedding.html

All-in-all I'm still very much in a transition period that will continue for the next few months. I still have to find a job, an apartment, a car... preferably in that order. But I know I have really good times ahead with some awesome people. I'm just putting my faith that God will provide and reward my constant searching and emailing for jobs.

Time for church and sushi with laura and A-gib.. so it will be a good day!

No comments: