Thursday, June 11, 2009

give and take

So as my final days in Czech Republic are upon me. I was getting a little nostalgic. Thinking about leaving this place after being here a year. Then very quickly after, I started thinking of things about here that I am very happy to leave behind. So I thought it would be good to make a list. Things I will miss and things I'm ready for in America.

Things I will miss:
half liter beers for a dollar... all the time, everywhere
Subways, Trains, and trams
Bo Bagel breakfasts
Walking through Old town square early in the morning the morning after it snowed, before anyone is there.
Svíčková ( an amazing czech dish)
People walking so much more to get around
Talking at Pubs
Dancing at Lucerna
Great conversations with students



Things I am ready for in America
A bathroom that is INSIDE of my flat
No more Czech winters
Not having to walk a 4 miles twice a week in Czech winters at 7:00 am
People wearing deodorant
Somewhere to go eat breakfast! (besides bo bagel)
Having a normal schedule
An abundance of Cheddar Cheese and Sushi
Watching sports! holy crap. This long without watching only ONE basketball game.

I'm sure there are more I will add on later. But this is enough for now.

Even with this list. I will be sad when I leave here. With all of its ups and downs. Czech Republic will hold a very special place in my heart for a very special time in my life.



No comments: