Friday, November 7, 2008

He is forever... just think about that for a second.

So this week I think God said. "alright Aaron, you're settled in.. your adapting well... it's time to get to work on the reasons I brought you here." And procceded to unleash craziness on me. I feel like I am in a mental/spiritual boot camp. Everything that God is ready for me to get out of my life, the Spirit is convicting me in a huge way. It is unlike anything I have felt. It is this constant, every hour, having to choose to get out of habits I didnt even realize I had.
Basically the words I got were.
"Stop thinking that one day you will become who You want to be, Be it today. You arent pushing yourself to strive for me. To strive for holiness. It's time to grow up, because I have work to do through you."
So this week has been a little rough. But has been amazing. To think that we communicate directly with this being we call God. A being so unlike everything else that he has no beginning and no end. He is outside of time, outside of space, he has no limits on his power... NO LIMITS. And the kicker is.. this God knows us better than we even know ourselves, and loves us in a way no one ever can or ever will.
We hear these things. "God loves us" "He only wants what is best for us." But think about the very nature of God ... dwell on it for even a minute, and you realize how powerful that is. How it should change every action you have. Every thought.
The sad part is it doesn't. Sin has made it so difficult for us to pursue that. We get distracted and the scope of our lives often ends with us... So to any and all who read this... I give anyone full permission to at any point challenge me and ask me how I am changing. How I am everyday choosing righteousness over sin. And how it is only through Christ that I am capable of this. Submitting to the will of our Abba father.

2 comments:

HiDLeAnn said...

praying for ya. i completely know what you're saying. goin through the same thing right now.

Jenni said...

Thank you for that post. I needed to be reminded of that.